This entry will be edited over time to tighten it up. Please leave constructive comments/suggestions below. Remember, this is from a customer perspective, not a server perspective. This entry is a sister entry to our tipping system, and meant to illustrate a perfect visit.
Perfect dining experience at restaurant
This is very subjective, but here are some basics from our view. I have tried to provide specific measures when possible to make this audit-able
- Each place setting is complete.
- Menus are clean and accurate.
- The glasses, plates, and cutlery are clean.
- We are not sat by screaming kids
- Most of the below can me met with: We see the server in plain site, making eye contact, at least 30 seconds out of every 5 minutes.
- We see the primary server within 2-3 minutes of sitting down. They take drink order.
- Drinks arrive within 5 minutes. They are automatically refilled (if chargeable, permission is asked) before they run out.
- Appetizer order is taken within 5 minutes, it arrives within 15 minutes.
- Dinner order is taken, and arrives within 10-15 minutes after appetizer is complete.
- The menu is accurate. If the menu says item A does not have bacon, when it arrives, it does not have bacon.
- Dinner is served warm (or hot!), having not sat under heat lamps for an extended period of time.
- Dinner is appealing (presentation), it tastes good, and it is what we ordered.
- Dinner is served simultaneously, not piecemeal.
- When we’re done eating, the dishes are cleared away within 5 minutes.
- A desert menu or tray is offered.
- If we want to order desert, we can within 5 minutes.
- Our bill is provided promptly, as well as processed promptly if credit card is used.